The treaty ending the winter war forced finland to cede 11 percent of its territory to the soviet union yet the country maintained its independence and later squared off against russia a second . The winter war was fought between finland and the soviet union soviet forces began the war on november 30 1939 and it was concluded on march 12 1940 with the peace of moscow. Talvisota my favorite finnish war film exposes many facets of the winter war that began in 1939 with the soviets wanting to take for themselves more land from the fighting finns vastly outmanned and outgunned the finnish soldiers put up a fierce resistance against the red army
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.